Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Employment Opportunities - Clinical
Part-time Therapist in Rockford Office
CRC is a Rule 29 nonprofit clinic whose primary mission is to help our clients find hope, healing and freedom from the impact of physical, sexual and emotional abuse. We are seeking an additional experienced mental health professional to help us continue this mission working afternoons and early evenings part-time (approximately 15-20 hours per week) in our Rockford office. In this role you will build and maintain a case load while designing and implementing treatment/interventions reflective of identified patient needs. Other duties include: Maintaining legible, organized and electronic out-patient records in accordance with treatment policy requirements; attending and participating in clinical staff case consultation meetings; and following CRC's policies and procedures.
Ideal candidate is:
- Licensed (LICSW, LMFT, LPCC, LP); however, MA level therapists may be considered based on experience and progress toward achieving licensure. Licensed and credentialed applicants will be given first priority.
- Able to work late afternoons and early evenings (approximately 3pm to 8pm Tuesdays and Wednesdays; possibly on Thursdays or Fridays as well) in our Rockford office. Opportunity to work additional hours may be possible if chosen candidate would desire this.
- Experienced in working with clients who have experienced trauma and abuse
- Comfortable working with clients who are seeking Christian therapy
- Comfortable working in a Christian environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A positive, encouraging, and collaborative work environment
- Comfortable office space (all Rockford offices are spacious, have windows and ample parking)
- Excellent clinical and administrative teams
- Monthly continuing education seminars
- Semi-monthly case consultation meetings with multidisciplinary staff
CRC has three locations: Golden Valley, Rockford and St. Paul. Please visit our website at www.christianrecoverycenter.orgto learn more about CRC.
Please send cover letter stating why you are interested in this position and how you feel it is a match for your abilities and vita to Clinical Director Julia Kidwell, PhD., LP at email@example.com.
Employment Opportunities - Administrative
CRC is searching for an Executive Director (ED) who is a strong Christian leader with a passion for counseling services. The ED will report directly to the Board of Directors. The ED is responsible for all aspects of the organization including but not limited to strategic planning, marketing, delivery oversight of counseling services, accounting, compliance, fundraising, and human resources. CRC’s annual revenues are approximately $1 million. There are approximately 20 staff members across the organization’s three locations.
Board of Directors
Clinical Director and Administration Staff
1. Strategic Planning and Marketing: Create and execute a three year strategic plan for the organization along with Board. Strong marketing skills are important to create market place awareness about CRC
2. Program, Product and Service Delivery: Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services
3. Financial, Accounting, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management: Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines. Effectively manages risk/compliance, facilities, financial & accounting, and tax/990 filing
4. Human Resource Management: Authentic leader who leads through personal example and manages the human resources of the organization in alignment with organization’s mission, vision and values
5. Fundraising: Ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, grant organizations and churches is essential to sustain and grow the fundraising portion of the revenue. Fundraising comprises approximately 15% of organization’s overall revenue
6. All Other Duties as Assigned by the Board of Directors
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree required
Internship Program Overview:
Christian Recovery Counseling is a Rule 29 non-profit community mental health center specializing in treating victims and offenders of abuse, while also offering quality mental health care for other psychological issues (mood disorders, personality disorders, psychotic illnesses and many others). We are committed to providing interns with a chance to expand their clinical repertoire, receive challenging yet supportive supervision, and assist interns with meeting personal, professional, and clinical goals. Our staff strives to work collaboratively with interns to provide them with a range of clinical experiences including both group and individual psychotherapy. Our supervisors have expertise in providing supervision for psychology, marriage and family therapy, and social work interns.
When selecting interns, we look for individuals who are open to learning, honest regarding areas of growth and strength, responsible and organized, able to follow through with tasks, have the ability to take initiative, and are mature and professional. Interns participate in staff case consultation meetings twice a month, as well as continuing education seminars, and need to be able to interact with staff therapists in a collegial and active manner. Additionally, many of our clients seek services at CRC in order to have mental health care that, in varied ways, incorporates their religious values and beliefs; therefore, it’s important that interns at CRC are comfortable with and open to addressing n faith-related concerns with clients.
Christian Recovery Counseling has positions for two interns per academic year (approximately fall to spring), offered to students working on their Masters degrees. We offer two internship tracks with one intern filling each position below:
Generalist Intern: Our generalist intern track is a 9 month 20 hours per week position. The generalist intern will work at all three of CRC’s locations (Rockford, St. Paul and Golden Valley), although the home base for our generalist intern (where they will have an office and regular supervision) is typically in our Rockford office. Our generalist intern will work with a range of clients of varied ages (teenagers and adults) and with a number of presenting issues (anxiety, abuse, depression, adjustment, family conflict, and trauma, among others). Additionally, our generalist intern will be involved with co-facilitating and planning our DBT group and Parenting group, which are held in our St. Paul office on Thursdays.
Restoration Project (RP) Intern: Our Restoration Project intern track is a 12 month 20 hours per week position. The RP intern will work primarily at our Golden Valley location and will assist with our RP program (a treatment program including group and individual therapy for men who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviors). Please refer to CRC’s RP webpage (http://www.christianrecoverycenter.org/restoration-project) for additional information on our RP program. As desired by the RP intern and opportunities are available, the RP intern may also assist with facilitating additional groups at CRC (DBT, Parenting Group, etc.).
CRC requires interns to commit to a schedule of approximately 20 hours per week. The approximate break-down of hours is as follows: 10 clinical hours, 2 shadowing/co-therapy hours, 2 administrative hours, and 6 hours of supervision and case management. Whenever possible, interns are encouraged to be available for at least one evening (4pm-7pm).
Application Process and Timeline:
Applications for the 2016-2017 internship positions will be accepted until March 18th, 2016. In-person interviews will be held in our Golden Valley offices all day on Monday the 22nd and the morning of Tuesday the 23rd of March (as needed). Decisions will be made the first week of March and applicants will be notified if they will be offered a position by mid-March.
Training and orientation will be held on August 24th and 25th.
To apply, please submit the following to clinical coordinator, Ms. Deanne Shaw, MA., LMFT (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Current Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter detailing why you would be a match for an internship at CRC and which internship track you are interested in
- Three References familiar with your academic or clinical work